Commercial Real Estate Appraiser Trainee
If you love to learn and research, have a passion for real estate, are detail-oriented and self-starting we want to hear from you! Valbridge Property Advisors’ detail-oriented appraiser trainees provide support to the appraisal team by completing market research, report preparation, and analysis all while developing extensive expertise in appraising at the number-one commercial real estate appraisal firm in Kansas City.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Proficiency using all pertinent resources.
- Search and input new data into internal database.
- Successfully procure and confirm market data (comps) from market participants.
- Some level of relationship-building with the brokerage community is expected.
- Research and effectively describe “macro” and “micro” real estate and economic trends.
- Deep familiarity with all published market surveys from brokerage houses.
- Compose the bulk of the “front end” of an appraisal report, but not the valuation.
- Read through completed report to verify content consistency, report language, flow.
- Within three months on the job, should have sufficient understanding of typical commercial real estate terminology and appraisal concepts to write an adequate comparable write-up with minimum supervision.
- Understands USPAP, appraisal methodologies, rules/regulations.
Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in finance or real estate. Work experience in the real estate field a plus. The candidate will demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Acrobat and Google Maps. Candidate must be a self-starter with superior organizational and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail and quality.
At Valbridge we believe in respect and treating our employees fairly. We work hard in a fun, team-oriented environment with others who share a passion for real estate. Named one of Kansas City’s Best Places to Work by the Kansas City Business Journal in 2010 and a 25 Under 25 award winner in 2014, Valbridge offers educational reimbursement; health insurance, 401(k) with employer contribution; a charitable foundation that supports employee causes; and an entrepreneurial spirit so you can be the best you. What are you waiting for? Apply today. Please send résumé and cover letter to Hubbard Savage – email@example.com.
Send Resume and Cover Letter