Certified General Appraiser
Central Valley, East Bay, Sacramento and Silicon Valley Offices
Valbridge Property Advisors wants to hear from top-performing commercial property appraisers and associates interested in expanding their career opportunities and leveraging state-of-the-art appraisal technology.
We value demonstrated abilities and achievement and a diverse combination of skill sets, perspectives and professional backgrounds. Technological prowess and entrepreneurial initiative are encouraged and rewarded.
Individuals interested in working for Valbridge are encouraged to apply for one or more of the job opportunities listed below (if any). Please respond to job postings with a resume and cover letter directed to the contact listed for each position.
Please also be encouraged to send your resume to the senior managing director at a local office to keep on file even if there is no opportunity listed now in the market.
We are looking for Commercial Certified Appraisers to provide an unbiased, comprehensive and professional opinion about a specific market value of a real property.
The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated with experience in appraising a variety of property types including commercial, industrial, multifamily, and/or agricultural. Most duties are performed independently, however, help and guidance will be provided for difficult assignments by senior management.
- Conduct formal appraisals of real property or land before it is sold, mortgaged, taxed, insured, or developed.
- Evaluate properties to establish market values and property ratings using internal and external sources.
- Make on site visits, inspect property and interview clients.
- Examine all variables that impact property’s present or future value. (i.e. comparable sales, previous sales records, future developments etc.)
- Prepare written narrative reports that estimate property values which meet client(s), Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers (BREA) standards.
- Document procedure and backup data.
- Keep abreast with all current regulations, standards and best practices.
- Possess a State of California Certified General appraiser license in good standing.
- Proven working experience as a real estate appraiser.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and various mapping programs.
- Ability to learn proprietary software platforms.
- Possess knowledge and experience searching online websites to obtain market data for comparative analysis of rents, sales, expenses, and capitalization rates. (i.e. CoStar, LoopNet and/or other relevant portals.)
- Skilled in interviewing market participants in order to obtain relevant comparable data.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritize assignments.
- A positive, professional attitude in the work environment and in the field.
- Familiarity with all current industry’s regulations, rules and standards.
Salary & Benefits
Clearly Defined Fee Splits
Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
Send Resume and Cover Letter