Marcus & Millichap Multifamily Forum
April 25, 2017
ATLANTA, Georgia - April 13, 2017 - Valbridge was in attendance at the Multifamily Forum. Thanks to M&M for putting on an informative event.
Keynote Speakers included:
Dennis Lockhart, Former President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of ATL.
Hessam Nadji, CEO, M&M
John Sebree, FVP of National Multi Housing Group, M&M
- Discussion centered around future of Interest rates, and their expected level trajectory for the next 12-18 months.
- True home ownership will / should be around 60-62%, down from the inflated numbers that approached 70% prior to the 2007/2008 Crash
- Demographics driving solid demand for many different MF products
- Loan volume expected to grow in 2017 as deal pipeline continues
- Demand drivers still remain job growth, Supply, age demographics
- Class B is the new Darling of the MF properties
- Spreads expected to come down between OARs and Treasuries as time goes on. Spreads now are some of the widest in recent memory.
Other speakers included Marvin Banks, M.Banks Realty Partners; Steve Carlson, Waterton; Jack Fiorella, Equity Resources;