Valbridge Office Spotlight: Atlanta
September 30, 2020
Valbridge Property Advisors proudly serves the Atlanta market. Led by Ken Cantrell, MAI and Jeffrey Miller MAI, AI-GRS, CCIM, ASA. Our team of appraisers provide independent property valuation and consulting services, including advising clients on real estate business and investment decisions such as buy-sell-hold and lease-own alternatives. Some of our most notable assignments include:
- The I-285 at Georgia 400 interchange project where we appraised multiple high-density office and multi-family properties for complex takings related to a major interstate interchange project at one of the most congested interchanges in the Southeast.
- Core urban Atlanta appraisals for mixed used developments including: 1) 12 acre Midtown Atlanta site with redevelopment and long term lease; 2) Proposed redevelopment of Phipps Plaza including hotel, retail and office uses for litigation support involving industrial development bonds; 3) Proposed Pullman Yard mixed use and entertainment facility; 4) multiple property estate portfolios of industrial property, car rental facilities and interim use land holdings; and 5) air rights and development rights at several MARTA transit stations.
- Serenbe – a successful and unique art, nature and wellness-centered/mixed-use development south of Atlanta. The assignment consisted of appraising developed and entitled residential single-family and town home lots, vacant residential and commercial land, improved retail and office, an income-producing wastewater treatment/geothermal plant, equestrian stables, and an organic farm. It has been appraised in its entirety several times in recent years.
- A 93-property portfolio requiring retrospective appraisals, damage studies and consulting in Atlanta Metro and surrounding areas. This included commercial retail, office, churches and industrial uses. Assets involved in a class action lawsuit with insurance companies in the U.S. District Court-Macon involving potential damages and stigma.
- A 28-property portfolio in Georgia and South Carolina involving retrospective values as of date of death across Georgia and South Carolina. This included commercial property, residential property, three islands along the coast of South Carolina, conservation easements, cell towers, and fractional interests.
Meet the team:
Jeffrey T. Miller, MAI, AI-GRS, CCIM ASA
Jeff has extensive experience in valuing a broad range of property types specializing in complex property appraisals and litigation work, in addition to appraisal reviews. Jeff has been the Southeast Regional Appraiser for New York Life Investment Management and employed by GE Capital for originating life company loans and acquiring commercial loan portfolios. Jeff has been an instructor for the Appraisal Institute for many years for various income property classes and teaches the Uniform Standards for Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). He has qualified as an expert witness in State and Federal Courts, and provides Yellow Book compliant appraisals, fractional interest values, and IRS compliant appraisals for estate planning.
Kenneth H. Cantrell, MAI
Ken has 29 years of experience in the valuation of a broad range of property types and eminent domain-related acquisition analyses. Assignments have been completed for a variety of purposes including lending support, litigation, estate planning, bankruptcy proceedings, and acquisition/disposition. Interests appraised include fee simple, leasehold, leased fee, easement rights, air rights, across-the-fence, and going concern-business enterprise value. Assignments have included multiple parcel projects for road construction, airport expansion, greenway-park acquisitions, reservoirs, utility lines, and rail corridors. Ken has qualified as an expert witness on numerous occasions in various courts in the State of Georgia and in Federal Bankruptcy Court.
Virginia G. Lord
Virginia (“Ginger”) has over 20 years’ experience in the appraisal profession and experience valuing a broad range of property types. She is adept at handling appraisal assignments for a variety of purposes to include performing loan lending, institutional real estate-owned asset analysis, estate planning, eminent domain, and litigation support. Virginia’s experience and competency are enhanced by a strong background in appraisal review and appraisal quality control. This portion of her career provided her with an in-depth knowledge of federal guidelines for lenders regarding appraisals, underwriting considerations.
Randy has been providing appraisal and litigation support services for a wide range of property types. He has specialized experience in eminent domain on the Local, State and Federal levels, specifically in high-voltage transmission line easements. He has represented both condemnee and condemnor in all facets of eminent domain. He has been involved in multiple large acquisition projects for Georgia Power, Georgia Transmission Corporation and Tennessee Valley Authority. The experience in all eminent domain cases includes both initial appraisals, review and analysis of opposition reports and assisting in formulating cross examination and testifying in court.
Aaron’s experience includes market research, brokerage, and appraisal assignments including retail, office, apartment, industrial, and restaurant properties, as well as vacant land, and eminent domain-related acquisition analyses. He holds a Bachelor of Science with a major in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Aaron has successfully completed various courses in real estate for real estate brokerage and real estate appraisal.
Daniel extensive expertise in real estate with an analytical mindset. He has coordinated a portfolio of 50 appraisals and performed thorough analysis to accurately determine the change in value due to insurance damage claims. He has performed Digital Billboard/ground lease valuation and consultation for multiple Banks, Attorney’s and an International Airport. He takes into consideration a variety of different factors to ensure that all appraisals are as accurate as possible. He employs a comprehensive knowledge of real estate analysis, valuation modeling, and zoning compliance. While verifying constant compliance with USPAP and lender requirements through careful analysis/modeling. He has consulted with multiple zoning authorities to identify the value impact of zoning enforcement on property value. Expert in the valuation of various property types including Retail, Industrial, Ground Leases, Billboards and LIHTC Multi-family properties.
Pamela has experience in the valuation of a broad range of property types including industrial, retail, office, apartments, land and residential subdivisions. Has successfully completed courses in real estate and finance through the Appraisal Institute and other real estate organizations.
Mark has experience in the valuation of a broad range of property types and eminent domain-related acquisition analyses. Assignments have been completed for a variety of purposes including lending support, litigation, bankruptcy proceedings, and acquisition/disposition. Interests appraised include fee simple, leasehold, leased fee, and easement rights. Assignments have included multiple parcel projects for road construction and utility lines.
Russell S. Lawrence
Russell holds a Certified General Appraiser License (Georgia) and has over 30 years of experience in the valuation of various property types including special use and environmentally impacted properties, commercial, industrial and residential-mixed use developments. He has completed numerous multi-parcel projects for road construction, airport expansion, greenway-parks, reservoirs, utility lines, and rail corridors. He has qualified as an expert witness in Georgia and Florida.