Valbridge Office Spotlight: Indiana | St. Louis
September 29, 2021
Valbridge Property Advisors | Indiana | St. Louis serves all of Indiana and the St. Louis metro area. Valbridge, previously Mitchell Appraisal Inc., was founded in 1988 by Bonnie Mitchell, MAI. Bonnie was the first female MAI designated member in Indiana.
Valbridge Property Advisors | Indiana | St. Louis is led by Lawrence Mitchell, MAI and Joe Alerding, MAI. Our team consists of four appraisers; three hold an MAI designation, five trainee appraisers, an Executive Director, and four support staff members. We have experience serving a wide variety of public and private sector clients and a wide range of property types.
In addition to providing valuation and advisory services for industrial, office, retail, and multi-family buildings including affordable housing tax-credit properties, we have also appraised adaptive reuse historical industrial redevelopment sites, cell towers, and nationally known stadiums.
- An independent 46 property portfolio for a Midwest property owner, specifically in the automobile tire retail sector.
- Bottle Works - originally a Coca Cola Bottling facility in the 1920’s and is now being renovated into a 12-acre food, retail, residential, and entertainment complex, while preserving the historical characters. This is a $300,000,000 plan including private and public sectors.
- Electric Works – previously the General Electric historical industrial campus is now being renovated into a mixed use residential/creative workspace/retail/food hall. This is a $440,000,000 plan including private and public sectors.
- The Gary SouthShore RailCats minor league baseball stadium.
- Wigwam stadium – Once the largest high school basketball arena in the country, built in 1961 with a capacity of 8,996 people.
Meet the team:
Ben Long, Executive Director
Ben is the Executive Director of Valbridge Property Advisors | Indiana | St. Louis MO. He has been with Valbridge since 2017 and manages overall business operations while acting as the central point of contact for client relationships. Ben came from 14 years of experience in the banking and financial services industry earning him the trust of our clients.
Larry Mitchell, MAI, Senior Managing Director
Larry is the Senior Managing Director of Valbridge Property Advisors | Indiana | St. Louis MO. He has been with Valbridge (formally Mitchell Appraisals, Inc.) since 1993. He has an MAI designation with the Appraisal Institute. He has served on the Hoosier State Chapter of the Appraisal Institute as President and has been the president for the MIBOR (Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS) and ICBR (Indiana Commercial Board of REALTORS) and is currently a member of the national fair value team. He has special expertise with tax assessment appeal appraisals, expert testimony, and valuation for financial reporting. Larry is currently licensed in the states of Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Missouri.
Joe Alerding, MAI, Managing Director
Joe is the Managing Director of Valbridge Property Advisors | Indiana | St. Louis MO. He has been with Valbridge (formally Mitchell Appraisals, Inc.) since 2007. He has an MAI designation with the Appraisal Institute. He is currently a member of the Estate Planning Council of Indianapolis and a member of the national fair value and fractional interest teams. He has a special expertise with fair value appraisals, market value in-use appraisal, and partial interest valuation. Joe is currently licensed in the states of Indiana and Illinois. He has been involved in appraising the Bottle Works and Electric Works redevelopment projects.