Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
The leadership of Valbridge Property Advisor's Chicago Metro office is seeking a senior-level analyst (Commercial Real Estate Appraiser and Analyst) with the ability to complete complex counseling and valuation assignments. Valbridge is an independent valuation and counseling firm with 80+ offices nationwide. We are interested to hear from top-performing Certified General Real Estate Appraisers interested in expanding their career opportunities and leveraging state-of-the-art appraisal technology. We value demonstrated abilities, achievement, and a diverse combination of skill sets, perspectives, and professional backgrounds. Technological prowess and entrepreneurial initiative are encouraged and rewarded. This is an opportunity to shape the direction of a company, and the sky's the limit when it comes to what you can achieve.
Valbridge Property Advisors | Chicago Metro office is interested in bringing on a full-time Certified General Real Estate Appraiser who also strives to attain an MAI designation. The Certified Appraiser needs to provide an unbiased, comprehensive, and professional opinion about a specific market value of real estate. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with experience in appraising a variety of property types including commercial, industrial, multifamily, and agricultural. Specific duties include analysis of single properties and property portfolios of all property types, production of complex commercial real estate appraisals, market studies, value impact studies, analysis for litigation support, analysis of historical revenue and operating expenses for properties to set the basis of projections, preparation of Argus (cash flow software) and models for complex income property assignments and other financial analysis. Emphasis is away from conventional bank appraisal purchase price verification work and more towards non-appraisal consultation work. Other tasks include researching and analyzing market trends, conducting market participant interviews, and preparation of reports and exhibits (e.g., graphs, maps, charts, and photos). Additionally, the candidate position will include researching, verifying, and analyzing commercial real estate sales and lease transactions and submission of this information into Datappraise, a proprietary software developed and one of the leading report writing and data maintenance tools available in the market today. Most duties are performed independently, however, help and guidance will be provided for difficult assignments by senior management.
- Conduct formal appraisals and/or consulting assignments of property or land, that is mortgaged, taxed, insured, or developed.
- Evaluate properties to establish market values and property ratings using internal and external sources.
- Make on-site visits, inspect property, and interview clients.
- Prepare written narrative reports that estimate property values which meet client(s), Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Desire to earn the MAI designation is preferred
- Clearly Defined Fee Splits
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Hybrid, or in-office work
- All inspections are usually within easy driving distance of Chicago and nearby surrounding areas
- Supportive network of 200 MAIs and professional opportunities
- All the advantages of a big corporation but none of the downsides
- A collaborative, supportive workplace that wants to help you succeed
- Possess a State of Illinois Certified General Real Estate Appraiser certificate in good standing
- Proven work experience as a real estate appraiser
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Advanced analytical skills are preferred as are verbal and written communication skills
- It is expected that the candidate has the ability to balance difficult and complex jobs with different deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and various mapping programs
- Ability to learn proprietary software platforms
- Possess knowledge and experience searching online websites to obtain market data for comparative analysis of rents, sales, expenses, and capitalization rates. (i.e., CoStar, LoopNet and/or other relevant portals)
- Skilled in interviewing market participants to obtain relevant comparable data
- Acute attention to detail is vital
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritize assignments
- A positive, professional attitude in the work environment and in the field
- Familiarity with all current industry’s regulations, rules, and standards
- It is preferred that the candidate have experience in some other aspect of the real estate industry (e.g., brokerage, mortgage brokerage, legal, development)
Send Resume To
Gary DeClark, MAI, CRE, FRICS, R/W-AC, Senior Managing Director and Principal - All submissions will remain completely confidential